We've just chosen our new dates and topics for 2017.
Come and create with us. Learn new skills, hone old ones. Broaden your range and strengthen your spirit. These retreats offer an excellent opportunity to get away from the daily grind and make something beautiful. Along with creative time, you can dine, laugh, swim, boat, or just soak up the sun and listen to the water lapping on the dock. Sleep tight in one of the cottages or bunkies, or even your own tent if you prefer. We’re confident the fresh air will uplift your spirit and invigorate your creativity. Where available, click on the retreat title to learn more about each retreat. Check back regularly for updates!!
- Fibre Arts: May 26 - 28 or Sept 8 - 10
- Pamper Yourself: June 9 - 11 or Sept 15 - 17
- Homemaking for Hipsters: June 16 - 18 or Sept 22 - 24
- Healing through the Arts: June 23 - 25 or Oct 6 - 8
- Exploring Eco Dyes: July 7 - 9
- Bookbinding: August 25 - 27
- Harvest Together: Sept 29 - Oct 1
The retreats are held at The Cedars, a lovely family run cottage complex on Crowe River Bay (part of the Trent Severn Waterway). Located near Campbellford, this property features a large dock area for contemplating the cosmos and many natural sources of inspiration. Guests are welcome to explore the area in the sailboat, kayaks, or paddleboat. Laze about in the hammocks. Or jump in for a swim. This is cottage living at its best!
Each retreat runs from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. Five blocks of creative time encourage intense learning and creativity. In between sessions and meals, there is a lake to sail on or swim in, trails to be hiked, and a dock for lounging.
To sustain ourselves as we create, we will eat some great healthy meals together.
Much of what we will eat comes from the kitchen garden or local market. Relax and let someone else take care of all of the dishes and details. With advanced notice, we can accommodate all dietary restrictions. All meals and free-flowing coffee and tea are included in the cost of the retreat. If you wish, you may bring wine or other alcoholic beverages. There is also room in the fridges if you have a particular favourite thing you want to bring.
The cost for each retreat includes hands-on instruction, all materials, use of tools, all meals, and lovely spaces to work in. Accommodations are separate and range in price.
Choose where you sleep at The Cedars. Visit their website for photos and more details. The spaces are priced separately (for the full weekend), and are filled on a first-come first-served basis.
- Cook House - Central to all the activity, Cook House has the best view over the dock and all the amenities. Main Bedroom - a private room with a queen bed and small en-suite. $190 for 1-2 people. Guest Bedroom - a private room with a double bed. $170 for 1-2 people.
- Writer’s Cabin - This little cabin sits up looking over the cottages. It is just big enough a dresser, and a bookshelf. Guests use the communal washroom and kitchen facilities. $150 for 1-2 people.
- Thistledown Cottage - This rustic cottage looks over the garden, the dock and across Crowe River Bay. It has a queen bed and a single bed, a cottage kitchen, and its own bathroom. $260 for 1-3 people.
- The Boathouse - Sitting at the edge of the water, the boathouse sleeps 4, each in their own single bed. Guests use the communal washroom and kitchen facilities. $65 per person.
Bringing a spouse who isn't a maker? No problem. There is plenty for partners to do while you create. The Cedars is a cottage get-away in its own rights. And for the adventurous, we can provide a list of local must-sees. Guests only pay for meals ($120) and accommodations.
Email email@example.com to register.